The signs, or “red flags”, listed here are common ways of helping to determine if your spouse is cheating on you online. Some will apply to the internet specifically, whilst others are more generic and apply to all forms of cheating.
Note: With reference to “cheating online”, this applies to both those who indulge in explicit online sexual conversation, as well as those trolling the internet looking for partners to conduct off line affairs with.
Cheating Spouse Red Flags
• Your partner gets up in the middle of the night and uses the computer, or stays awake after you go to bed to use the computer.
• Your partner is cleaning internet cache and URL history frequently.
• Your partner attempts to hide the computer screen when you enter the room, or closes windows they had open.
• A withdrawal from home life and your relationship, coupled with increased internet usage.
• Sex life has changed dramatically, especially when they are no longer interested in it.
• Your partner is locking folders and files so that only they have access to them.
• Your credit card statements show charges for companies you have never heard of.
• Your partner doesn’t want to go anywhere with you anymore.
• You feel as if you are being avoided.
• Your partner spends an excessive amount of time on the computer.
• Is very defensive when approached about being on the computer more than usual
If you feel that your spouse (husband, wife, life partner) may be cheating on you online, learn how you can catch them out with our article how to catch a cheating spouse.